Are you ready for this?
This b-e-a-utiful recipe is brought to us from my new friend Bianca Monley who has been crafting up healthy perfection since 2002 through her company Eat Fit Food. EFF provides healthy meal plans for weight loss and general well-being that are absolutely vibrant and delicious.
And get this.. their meal plans have been utilized and endorsed by several celebrities, but my favorites include Hugh Jackman and Ruby Rose. If there's even a chance of looking like Ruby Rose through Eat Fit Food then SIGN ME UP!
Buckwheat and Ginger Bread Granola with Cherry Coyo Milk
60 g Buckwheat
2 heaped tsp Maple Syrup
½ tsp ginger, dried, ground
¼ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
35 g Puffed buckwheat
35 g Coconut chips – not toasted
50 g flaked almonds – toasted
20 g sour cherries – chopped
20 g glace ginger
Cherry Coyo Milk
100 mL coconut milk
100 g Coyo
200 ml filtered water
100 g frozen cherries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
2. Combine the buckwheat, half the maple syrup, spices and salt. Lay out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Toast in the oven 10 minutes.
3. Combine the puffed buckwheat & remaining maple syrup. Increase the heat of the oven to 160°C. Add the puffed buckwheat to the baking tray and continue to toast in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove the toasted buckwheat mix from the oven and allow it to cool.
5. While it’s cooling, puree the Coyo, coconut milk, cherries & water.
6. Combine toasted buckwheat with coconut chips, nuts & chopped fruit. Serve with the cherry Coyo milk.
About Eat Fit Food
Eat Fit Food delivers fresh, healthy and delicious wholefood meals and snacks conveniently to your home or office. Founded by Bianca Monley in 2002, the brand is now the number one choice for home delivered food in Sydney and Melbourne with its tasty, flavor some menus and chef-prepared nutritious foods naturally FREE of preservatives, artificial sweeteners, additives and chemicals. More than just a food delivery service, Eat Fit Food helps customers understand how easy it is to improve their lives through healthy eating.
What do you think about this unique recipe? If you end up making it please share your experience in the comments below!