Spicy, Delicious, Healthy, Inexpensive. Yes!
Vegans rejoice! Finally a taco with all of the tasty, authentic toppings, without the animal products. Every time I've made these they've been a fam-favorite. I highly suggest trying this recipe out for dinner.. make sure you have water nearby!
This is also a great pairing with my Peach and Pepper Salsa, get that recipe HERE.
2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas
8 corn tortillas, hard or soft shell (2 per person)
1/3 cup of Sriracha
2 tablespoons of olive
2 tablespoons of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
1 cup of vegetable broth
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
Optional- Vegan cheese for topping (I recommend Daiya)
1. Mix the Sriracha, olive oil, vegetable broth, butter, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add them and 3/4 of the chopped green onions to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the guacamole.
3 medium avocados (cut into chunks)
1/2 red onion (chopped small)
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of minced green chilies
1/2 cup of fresh parsley leaves (or chives)
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
1 medium tomato (or tomatillo)
Sea salt to taste
1. Combine the garlic and chilies in a food processor until minced. Then add the parsley and lime juice and pulse again.
2. Add the avocado, chili powder, and sea salt to taste. Process until fairly smooth. Then add the tomato and pulse until it is chopped.
3. Heat up the corn tortillas and top with the chickpeas, the rest of the chopped green onions, the guacamole, and some more chopped parsley + vegan cheese if you’re feeling fancy. Then serve and enjoy!
*Note: You can make these with meat of your choice.
When do you plan on making this recipe? Any not-so-loved ingredients that you might swap out? Share your thoughts in the comments below.